The Ocean Frontier Institute (OFI) headquartered at Dalhousie University in Halifax, Nova Scotia, is seeking recent Ph.D. graduates for a unique Post-Doctoral appointment in ocean studies focused on the North Atlantic. The term of the award is two years; successful candidates will spend 12 months at Dalhousie and 12 months at one of our partner institutions in Europe or the United States.
The OFI brings together researchers and institutes from both sides of the North Atlantic to understand our changing ocean and create safe, sustainable solutions for development. OFI research will improve prediction and projection of the atmosphere and ocean, help better manage the ocean’s living resources, improve aquaculture’s potential to meet global seafood demand, strengthen marine transportation policy and risk reduction, and transform how we monitor the ocean with new data capture and IT tools.
To apply: Include…
1. Proposed research program – maximum of 2 pages, including names and affiliations for each of your proposed supervisors and mentors;
2. Plan and timelines for the award period -maximum of 1 page; should detail dates for proposed time periods at each institution and the major research activities to be performed in each location.
3. Curriculum vitae outlining educational background, publication record, and work experiences
4. A one-page summary of doctoral dissertation and a copy of transcripts from your Ph.D. program.
5. Three Reference Letters submitted directly by the letter writers under separate cover
6. One-page statements from each proposed supervisor detailing their interest in and support of the research project as well as your fit for the research program, submitted under separate cover by the proposed supervisors.
7. Submit your application and supporting documents to email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications: 31st January 2018
Proposed start date: Decisions will be made by 15 March, 2018, and the earliest start date would be the 1 April, 2018.
Full information on the OFI postdoctoral research position is available here.
All research vacancies are listed on the NUI Galway Human Resources website