Creative Momentum is a 3-year project to support the creative industries sector in Europe’s Northern Edge. The project will support and connect creative enterprises across the West of Ireland, Northern Ireland, Sweden, Finland and Iceland.
Creative Momentum will further develop the MyCreativeEdge.eu website over the coming 3 years. There are already 550 profiles on the site and we’ll be trying to increase this, including opening it up to creatives from North East Iceland as well as Västernorrland (Sweden). The functions of the site will be developed and expanded and there will be a new international digital advertising campaign.
Other Creative Momentum supports will include:
- Creative Exchanges: information and networking events on a range of topics which will be held across all regions
- Creative Trails: featuring any creative businesses open to visitors (Iceland and Northern Ireland only)
- Mentoring in Internationalisation: how to access export markets
- Creative Steps 2.0: innovation support for new product/service ideas
- Creative Hotspots: support to attend established creative industry events in Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Northern Ireland and Ireland
- Overseas Trade Fairs: support to exhibit at a Trade Fair/Show/Festival anywhere in Europe (50% of cost, support of max. €2,500)
- Video Pitching: support to produce a short ‘pitch video’ (50% of cost, support of max. €1,500)
€2m in funding has been secured from the EU’s Northern Periphery & Arctic (NPA) Interreg programme.
Six organistions will be involved in delivering the Creative Momentum project:
- Western Development Commission (WDC), Ireland
- National University of Ireland, Galway (NUIG), Ireland
- Cultural Council of North East Iceland, Iceland
- Armagh City, Craigavon and Banbridge Borough Council, Northern Ireland
- Technichus Mid-Sweden Ltd, Sweden
- Lapland University of Applied Sciences, Finland
Learn how you can create a Profile on http://www.MyCreativeEdge.euto showcase your creative work & connect with collaborators across Europe’s Northern Edge. Watch these 4 short tutorials which will take you through each step to publishing your profile. MyCreativeEdge.eu is a website showcasing work from the Arts, Crafts, Design and Media & Technology sectors in five regions across Europe’s Northern Edge.
For more information
Showcase your Creative Work Effectively. A free information & networking event will be held twice to facilitate people based in different areas of the West of Ireland – Ennis, County Clare on 21st April and The Model, Sligo on 26th April