The 5th International Symposium on the Oceans in National Income Accounts
March 24 @ 9:00 am - March 25 @ 5:00 pm
Organised by: SEMRU
The MOSES project will host an international symposium on the oceans in national income accounts on the 24th and 25th of March 2021
As well as showcasing the work of MOSES the 2 day symposium will involve representatives from government, industry, academia and international organisations sharing their national and international perspectives on progress made in measuring the ocean economy. They will discuss ways in which international ocean economy statistics can be improved through satellite and natural capital accounting approaches as well as examining how the usage of such information by policy makers can be improved.
Topics to be discussed at the symposium include:
- The big challenges – Why we need improved ocean economy statistics
- Revised national standards for ocean and related industry classification
- Satellite accounting of ocean economic activities
- Tools for improved usage of ocean economy statistics
- Pathways to a sustainable ocean economy
- Developing marine ecosystem income accounts
- Issues for inclusion of marine ecosystem service benefit values in ocean accounts
To view the full event schedule, click here.
More information on the event can be found at www.mosesproject.eu